Tuesday, April 20, 2010

1837


I thought I would celebrate my new header inspiration (I'm still not finished) with a bit of a history on the wonderful store that lead to the wonderful movie which showcased a wonderful woman JAny of you who are as obsessed with Tiffany & Co., like I am, know that the number title of this blog is the Pantone PMS number for this wonderful colour.

Coincidentally, it is also the year of Tiffany & Co.'s foundation. The Pantone is copy written and cannot be duplicated (legally, although we've all tried to come close). Even more of a coincidence, this year's Pantone Colour of the Year is Turquoise

Tiffany and Co. was founded by Charles Lewis Tiffany and Teddy Young in New York. Originally, Tiffany and Co. started selling as a "stationery and fancy goods emporium" called Tiffany, Young and Ellis until about 1853 when Tiffany took over and renamed it Tiffany & Co. {source}
The renaming of the company gave birth to its selling of jewelry and an impressive timeline you can read here.
And we all know Breakfast at Tiffany's – my all-time, favourite movie in the whole entire world. Here is where I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn and Tiffany & Co. – I think I was 10 or so. Released in 1961 starring, of course, Audrey Hepburn, the movie starts with Audrey (a.k.a Holly Golightly) arriving at Tiffany's window after a long night out in full gown and pearls with breakfast.



That's all for now!


Till next time….
Pink and Sparkles,
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails