Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain, rain...

I don't know where you are in the world but, its raining here, and I woke up with a headache. Actually, many people are affected by the weather - specifically, headaches due to barometric pressure (weight of the air above pressing down).

Hesitant to take Advil (not a fan drugs), I got to my desk at work and took out the Lavender & Peppermint aromatherapy oil and rubbed some on my temples and under my nose. {Aromatherapy is the application or use off essential oils - often extracted from plants - to promote healing in the body.} Anywho, the smell is fabulous and you know what, it worked!
You can get pretty and pure aromatherapy at fine shops like Sephora which double as skin treatments as well. Other essential oils (for more therapeutic purposes) are sold at my favourite natural health marts; Good Health Mart and Planet Organic. Don't be afraid to spend a bit on your oils to get the most bang for your buck. Opting for the cheaper oils means that they may be diluted and, in some cases, not even the real thing!
Please read this on using essential oils safely.
Have an aromatastic day!!

Alessandra
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails