Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fabulous Firenze

Tuscany is one of my favourite provinces in Italy. Deep in culture and art (like all of Italy) Tuscany has a certain warmth about it that I don't feel in any other part of the country.  The Italian dialect - or lack there of - is also quite extraordinary in these parts where the cadence on the "c" in words is very soft and almost pronounced as an "h" sound.  Marvelous. I also have a special connection to Tuscany because of my two months of Art History studied in Siena (with classes in Florence) in the summer of 2004. I have never forgotten it since, and consider Siena to be my second home (look out for Siena posting coming up a bit later).

The food in Tuscany is to DIE for (like all of Italy). Their specialty.... Florentine steak (picture below) and white beans in oil. Pizza and pasta is almost good anywhere but honestly I had to only pick two items as specialties here or I could go on for days.  We went to so many art galleries and museums in Florence and respected the "no pictures" rule so, there are fewer pictures here which don't really reflect the four wonderful days we spent here.  Enjoy Firenze!

Street leading to Il Duomo...
Il Duomo...
Il Duomo (coppola)...
Shannon Tweed...ya, thats right, we followed her for a bit...
Our hotel (albergo)...
Perseus With Head of Medusa by Cellini...
A replica of Michaelangelo's David...
BEST restaurant in Florence....Ciro and Sons...they brought us this to snack on with our Campari and Soda aperitivi (aperitifs)...If you are ever in Florence you HAVE to go here...
Do you see this steak??? Unlike anything I've ever tasted. Organic, and BARELY COOKED. It didn't taste bloody or "meaty" at all...I cant describe it. Drizzled with strawberry and a balsamic reduction...
And two Montenegro digestivi (digestives) to end a fabulous day and meal in Firenze.....

Sigh....how I wish I was back.

Till next time,
Pink and Sparkles
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails